Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just when you thought you were safe! Ricoh America’s is Closing down their Irving Texas Location!

New fiscal year starts and you are scared for your job, things are not right but then April 1st comes and goes and you go Whew! Thank god you still have a job! Then you cautiously wait for the compensation plans to come out and Whew no big deal.

Then just when you thought it was safe to get out of the closet - Wham Unemployed! I have predicting this for months and now it is a reality.

When everyone thought I was crazy here are the facts:

"Ricoh Americas Corp., which sells and provides services for imaging equipment such as printers and copiers, plans to close an Irving location, according to a filing with the Texas Workforce Commission.
Some 53 people will be affected by the June 4 shutdown, according to the April 2 letter to the agency.
The letter did not disclose a reason for the closure of the office. Comment wasn't immediately available Wednesday from the West Caldwell, N.J. unit of Japan's Ricoh Co.
According to the corporate data service Hoover's, Ricoh Co. had a total of 110,000 employees and $21.5 billion in revenue last year."
Read more: Ricoh Americas Corp. to close Irving shop; 53 employees affected - Dallas Business Journal:

Well there it is the I's have it! And I don't mean Ayes I mean I's IKON has survived the first round it will be interesting to see how long it will take to get all of the extra real estate dealt with!

The carnage is about to begin! Even thought I didn't want to be unemployed myself it is probably the best thing that could have ever happened to me! I was not happy selling their equipment and had no successful installations of their color equipment. I was probably on track to ruin my reputation as a consultant if I continued on.

We will see what happens in the coming months but it cannot be good for anyone that stayed there. Compensation plans didn't change that radically, with the exception that they are trying to make it very hard to afford to be under plan.

I don't blame them on that one. They had tons of people making rent at 36% and they still kept them! Everyone that I know that was at or over 100% has left with a few rare exceptions at least locally.
Happy Sale'ing

Pirate Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment